We have been offering an ever expanding range of tailor-made tours featuring unique lodgings since 1998. The tours are carefully arranged by over 35 staff members at offices in Germany and South Africa.
Our mission statement:
We strive to provide tours that enable our clients to:
- become acquainted with the local citizens and their culture,
- discover hidden treasures and
- come home enriched by their experiences.
Why should you book with Umfulana?
- Our tours are designed specifically for you – we do not offer group tours.
- The itinerary is tailored to your interests, time schedule and travel budget.
- Our staff regularly travel to our destinations themselves so that you can benefit from their first-hand knowledge.
- Our extraordinary inns range from Scottish castles to Sicilian olive mills.
- You will receive a detailed itinerary containing information on all destinations, routes and lodgings.
- All aspects of the tour such as local guides, accommodation and rental cars can be booked from a single source.
The meaning of the name “Umfulana”:
Umfulana is a diminutive of the Zulu word for river and thus means “little river” or “stream”, a literal translation of the last name of one of our company’s founders, Martin Bach (“Bach” is the German word for stream).